Welcome to Baltimore, Hon! Baltimore, or Charm City as it’s nicknamed, is a city of neighborhoods, local character, local accents and strong sports allegiances to their local Baltimore Ravens & Orioles. It is a friendly, medium-sized U.S. city with great art museums and excellent Crab Cakes. Baltimore’s location allows for easy trips to Washington D.C. (about an hour away) and New York City (approximately 3 hours away). Enjoy an introductory guide to the city of Baltimore here.
- Live Baltimore guide to the Neighborhoods of Baltimore: http://www.livebaltimore.com/neighborhoods/
- List of Baltimore Neighborhoods: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Baltimore_neighborhoods
Fun Things to do in Baltimore:
- An overview of a wide-range of activities in Baltimore: http://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/about/baltimore/living/activities.html
- A fun arts-minded/design guide to Baltimore: http://www.designsponge.com/2011/01/baltimore-design-guide.html
- Visitor’s Guide to Baltimore: http://baltimore.org/
- Baltimore on Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baltimore,_Maryland
- Baltimore City guide: http://baltimore.citysearch.com/?brand=seo_edu
- Baltimore About: http://baltimore.about.com/
- Maryland Tourism: http://visitmaryland.org/Pages/MarylandHome.aspx
Baltimore Event Listings:
Want to Talk with an Expert?
Walk In Hours
- Mon & Wed, 1-4pm
- Thur, 9am-12pm
Walk in advising is for F-1 and J-1 questions that can be answered in ten minutes or less. For other questions, please call 410-955-3372 to make an appointment.
Summary of Visa Types, Uses & Limitations
©2013 The Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions Office of International Student, Faculty, and Staff Services. All rights reserved. Baltimore, Maryland.