Maryland Driver’s License
Before applying for a Maryland Driver's License you must wait a MINIMUM of ten business days from your check-in with the OIS. Failure to wait may result in a delay in processing your license. For detailed information about the MVA license application process see the MVA website
To Apply for your MD Driver’s License
- Submit the SAVE Electronic Verification Form on the MVA website. (failure to submit this form will likely result in a delay in obtaining your license)
- The MVA will contact you within two business days of submitting the SAVE Verification Request Form to continue the process of applying for a Maryland driver's license. You MUST do the SAVE step before going in person to the MVA. If you do not receive a response within two business days, you should contact the MVA at firstname.lastname@example.org
- After being contacted by the MVA with instructions for in-person follow-up, prepare your supporting documents.
Required Documents for your Maryland Driver's License:
- Immigration Document reflecting your valid status in the US (your Form I-20, Form DS-2019 or Form I-797, etc. If you are uncertain what documentation to bring contact an OIS advisor)
- Valid Passport
- I-94 Card
- Social Security Card or, if you are not eligible, you must apply for an SSN and obtain a Letter of Denial from the Social Security Administration.
New to Baltimore?
Baltimore is known for its beautiful harbor, distinct neighborhoods, unique museums, and the world-renowned Johns Hopkins Hospital and University.
Learn more about life in Baltimore?
Sample List of Links
©2013 The Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions Office of International Student, Faculty, and Staff Services. All rights reserved. Baltimore, Maryland.